Nursery - Autumn 1
Key Text Autumn 1
Meet The Teacher
Walk to School
Early Years Writing
NEPS Learning Values: Nurtured
Characteristics of Learning: Playing and exploring, showing curiosity about objects, events and people.
S.M.S.C: ‘We All Sing with the Same Voice’ - book & song ‘Choose, it, Use it, Put it away’
Key question: Can I recognise my name?
- General sound discrimination environmental sounds, instrumental sounds and body percussion (Phase 1)
- I can listen for sounds.
- I can listen to stories, poems and rhymes.
- Reading familiar stories and nursery rhymes Writing
Key question: Can I give meaning to the marks I make?
- I can make marks to represent things.
CONTINUOUS PROVISION: School Library
- Look at books independently
Key question: Which number rhymes / songs can I sing?
- I can sing number rhymes
- I can say and recognise numbers (0-5)
Shape, Space & Measure
Key question: Can I anticipate specific time-based events?
- I can sort objects (by colour / size / shape)
- I can name 2D shapes
CONTINUOUS PROVISION: Busy Things Maths games
Communication and Language
Listening & Attention
Key question: Can I listen to others 1:1 or in a small group? I can listen when others are talking.
Key question: Can I follow simple instructions?
- I can follow simple instructions.
Key question: Can I retell a simple past event in the correct order?
- I can use my words to ask a familiar adult for help.
- I can use please and thank you.
CONTINUOUS PROVISION: we will be learning lots of Nursery Rhymes and songs and reading many stories as often as possible.
Speaking & Listening – BIG TALK / WOW BOOKS:
Singing FAMILIAR and Learning NEW Nursery Rhymes and songs.
Share favourite stories, poems, songs & rhymes.
Personal, Social and Emotional Development
Personal, Social and Emotional Development:
Key question: Can I play in a group?
- I can share with my friends.
Self-confidence & self-awareness
Key question: Can I separate from my parent/carer happily?
- I can make new friends.
Managing feelings & Behaviour
- Do I know the rules and routines for Nursery? I can take turns and share.
CONTINUOUS PROVISION: We will be promoting British Values by making choices about our learning.
Understanding the world
People & Communities
Key question: Can I talk about my family & friends?
- I can talk about myself.
Key question: Can I talk about features of my environment?
- I can imagine using small world play (farm, garage, dolls house, train track etc.)
Key question: Can I operate mechanical toys?
- I can use a simple program on a computer.
Moving & Handling
Key question: Can I draw anticlockwise circles and straight lines?
- I can use tools for a purpose.
- I can start to draw straight lines and anti-clockwise circles.
Health & self care
Key question: What can I do for myself?
- I can attempt to take off my jumper for myself.
- I can look after my things.
Expressive arts and design
Exploring & using Media & Materials
Key question: Can I join in singing my favourite songs?
- I can learn and sing familiar songs.
- I can use instruments to experiment with sounds.
Key question: Can I make believe by pretending?
- I can pretend play using my imagination.
CONTINUOUS PROVISION: Role Play, Different media to create artwork