ReceptionSpring 2 - Superheroes
Key Text for Spring 2
Meet The Teacher
Early Years Writing
EYFS Maths Talk
Learning Values: Creative, Independent, Being determined to do my best
Characteristics of Learning: Active Learning (Motivation). Being Involved & Concentrating, Keeping on Trying and enjoy achieving what I set out to do
29th March 2018 – Last day of term, school closes at 1:30pm.
16th April 2018 – First day back at 8:45am.
3rd May 2018- Election Day – school closed.
8th May 2018- Perivale Woods Trip.
25th May 2018- Half Term Break
Spring 2 Newsletters
- We will continue to use phonics to read a wider range of words.
- They will learn some ‘red’ words which have to be learned by sight.
- Can I learn more letter sounds and the sound that 2 or 3 letters make together?
- Can I read a wider range of words by blending sounds together?
- Can I read some ‘red’ words?
- Can I remember words that I have read before to read sentences fluently?
- We write lists, label our drawings, write captions and simple sentences.
- Can I form letters correctly using the correct pencil grip?
- Can I use ‘Fred Fingers’ to help me sound out and spell new words?
- Can I write some ‘red’ words?
- Can I write labels, captions and simple sentences with finger spaces and capital letters and full stops correctly?
- We need to be able to count a number of objects accurately and record how many we have counted.
- Can I count objects and recognise numbers 10, 15, 20 and beyond?
- Can I share a group of objects equally?
- Can I solve problems that involve doubling and halving?
Shape, Space and Measure
- We need to know about shapes around us.
- We also need to know about the concept of time and begin to record who is the fastest.
- Can I name 2D and 3D shapes?
- Can I talk about the properties of 2D and 3D shapes?
Communication and Language
Communication & Language:
Listening and Attention
- We need to be able to listen carefully and pay attention to detail.
- Can I listen attentively in a range of situations?
- Can I listen to stories, accurately anticipating key events and respond to what I hear with relevant comments, questions or actions?
- We need to be able to understand what others are thinking
- Can I listen and respond to ideas expressed by others in conversation or discussion?
- Can I understand humour, e.g. nonsense rhymes, jokes? Can I answer ‘how’ and ‘why’ questions?
- We need to speak clearly to share their ideas with others
- Can I role play and use imaginative language to share experiences with others?
- Can I answer questions in full sentences?
- Can I use a range of tenses when I speak?
- Can I use new words that I have learned?
Understanding and Speaking:
- Can I talk about my half term holiday?
- Can I describe a healthy meal that I’ve eaten?
- Can I talk about people who help us?
Understanding the world
People & Communities
- We will learn that there are superheroes everywhere – in our local community as doctors, nurses, police and fire officers.
- We will learn that there are lots of other superheroes throughout the world and even in space!
- Can I say who are the people who help us in the local community?
- We are planning a trip to Perivale Wood Forest School where we will undertake activities based on Bog Baby by Jeanne Willis.
- Can I find and observe a variety of mini-beasts? Can I notice the similarities and differences between them?
UNICEF – Article 29:
- Your education should help you use and develop your talents and abilities. It should also help you learn to live peacefully, protect the environment and respect other people.
Personal, Social and Emotional Development
Links to NES Learning Values and Behaviours — Being determined, collaborative, independent
- Can I develop the confidence to try new things and be determined to always do my best?
- When working with other superheroes, can I negotiate and solve problems?
- Can I persevere with activities I find challenging?
Moving and Handling
- In PE children will use apparatus in the hall to develop their climbing, jumping, balancing and hopping skills.
- Can I negotiate space, control my speed and direction?
- Can I move up, under, over, along, balancing and climbing equipment?
- Can I follow a superhero workout?
- Can I jump off equipment and land appropriately?
- Can I help to set up and put away
- Back in class superheroes will develop their fine motor skills.
- Can I hold a pencil near point between first two fingers and thumb and use it with good control?
- Can I form some recognisable letters and numbers?
- Can I use a pair of scissors to cut things out?
Health and Self Care
- Children will learn to consider what they need to do to be healthy and strong.
- Do I know that a variety of foods help develop my super strengths and keep me healthy?
- Can I try new, healthy foods?
- Do I know why exercise, sleep and good hygiene are important to keep me healthy?
- Can I improve my diet, exercise, sleep and hygiene routines?
Expressive arts and design
Exploring & Using Media & Materials / Being Imaginative
- Using the core texts as a starting point, our superheroes will be encouraged to use their imagination and available resources to create props that can be used to retell and make up their own stories.
- Can I play co-operatively as part of a group to role-play and create props to express myself?
- Can I draw, paint and create models of superheroes?
- Can I sing, dance and follow a steady best using musical instruments?
- MUSIC: Making Music with everyday objects.