Year 3 - Autumn 2
Year 3 Christmas Lyrics
Meet The Teacher
Learning Values: Engaged, Respectful And Responsible
S.M.S.C: To work with new people in the class and continue building their self-esteem.
English & Big Write
English: Can I confidently use speech in my writing?
- Roald Dahl focus (Twits). Working on using direct speech, children writing their own dialogue.
Can I follow stage directions?
- Understanding the features of a playscript.
- Identifying homophones and alternate verbs.
Planning and writing an adventure story.
- Non fiction writing. Subheadings headings information
- Learning how to write and use new sentence types. (eg. 2A sentence/B.O.Y.S sentence/2..ed sentences. Astonished, scared he)
Can I explain the differences between formal and informal letters?
- Children learn the features of an informal letter, linked with our English text ‘Dear Father Christmas.’
SPAG activities including using an possessive apostrophe/identifying word types/suffixes/prefixes.
Big Write topics: extended writing topics
- Fantasy World
- Letter to a friend or family member about a Christmas event
Maths: Can I use a range of effective strategies to add and subtract?
- Adding and subtracting using effective strategies.
Can I identify right angles or describe a turn?
- Geometry: Finding and using right angles to describe turns.
- Following directions.
- Identifying angles: Obtuse/acute/right angles. (Greater than a right angle/less than a right angle.)
Can I recall and use multiplication facts?
- Times table work. (Reinforcing and extending)
Can I tell the time from an analogue clock?
Can I recognise Roman numerals?
Telling the time, to the nearest minute. Including identifying Roman Numerals and using the 24 hour clock.
Using a timeline.
- Can I compare and group together different kinds of rocks on the basis of their appearance and simple physical properties?
- Rock cycle. (metamorphic/igneous/sedimentary.)
- Permeability experiment.
Can I recognise that soils are made from rocks and organic matter?
- Knowing the properties of different rocks and soils.
- Comparing different rocks.
- What happens in the Mandir?
- What have we learnt about worship in a Hindu family?
- Singing songs of the season – Christmas
- Can you think of another programme to deliver your presentation?
- To Select, use and combine a variety of software to design and create a presentation.
- Real PE programme.
- Can your partner hold the balance?
- Are you able to listen and support your partner?
- Can I ask and answer some introductory questions about myself and others?
- Can I count to ten confidently in Spanish?
- Develop ability ate/perform/analyse short, descriptive compositions that combine sounds, movements and words.
- Can I use descriptive music as a stimulus for creating movements and sounds?
- Can I respond to descriptive/narrative music developing a sequence of movement?
- Christmas concert at St Barnabas – Christmas songs
- Firework safety
- Anti bullying including workshop
- To work cooperatively in a group.
- To understand how to create a happy playground.
- Ideas and opinions and how to express them.
- To plan and make a volcano.
- Children to explore the different layers and to use papier mache to build a volcano shape. Possible ext: Erupting volcano. Cross curricular link to Geography.
- What makes a good design?
- Can you follow your design to create your volcano?
- Children to understand and label volcanoes and different layers of the Earth’s crust.
- Can you locate counties with active volcanoes?
- Cross curricular link to DT (making a volcano).
- Which countries are affected by the ‘Ring of Fire’?
- What does the word imply?
History: We will not be studying history for the first half of term.
Art: We will not be studying Art for the first half of term.