Nursery - Autumn 2
Our Topics: Celebrations & Author Focus – Julia Donaldson
AM: Hedgehogs & Badgers
PM: Squirrels & Foxes
Key Text Autumn 2
Meet The Teacher
Walk to School
Early Years Writing
NEPS Learning Values: Nurtured
Characteristics of Learning: Playing and exploring, showing curiosity about objects, events and people.
S.M.S.C: ‘We All Sing with the Same Voice’ - book & song ‘Choose, it, Use it, Put it away’
Key question: Can I recount my favourite nursery rhymes?
- I can join in with repeated refrains.
- Phonological awareness linked to Phase 1 phonics I can listen for sounds.
- I can listen to stories, poems and rhymes.
What ways can I make marks?
- I can give meaning to marks that I make when I draw. E.g That’s my mummy or It’s a dinosaur.
- School Library – Look at books independently
Key question: Can I hold a book carefully and turn the pages correctly?
BIG TALK & WOW books
What special events do you celebrate with your family and friends?
BIG TALK – 5 focus children each week (see Home Learning)
WOW books – must be returned weekly
(Wednesdays for sharing Thursdays) ENCOURAGE
Key question: How many can I count?
- I can say and recognise numbers (0-5)
- I can start to represent numbers using fingers, marks on paper or pictures.
Shape, Space & Measure
Key question: What shapes can I name?
- I can show interest in shapes in the environment.
Busy Things Maths games
Communication and Language
Listening & Attention
Key question: Can I listen to others 1:1 or in a small group?
- I can listen when others are talking.
Key question: Can I follow simple instructions?
- I can follow simple instructions.
Key question: Can I retell a simple past event in the correct order?
- I can use my words to ask a familiar adult for help.
- I can use please and thank you.
- We will be learning lots of Nursery Rhymes and songs and reading many stories as often as possible.
Personal, Social and Emotional Development
Key question: Can I play in a group?
- I can share with my friends.
Self-confidence & self-awareness
Key question: Can I use my words to express my needs and wants?
- I can make new friends.
Managing feelings & Behaviour
- Do I know how to take turns and share?
CONTINUOUS PROVISION:We will be promoting British Values by making choices about our learning.
- Article 14: Every child has a right to think and believe what they want and to practise their own religion.
- Article 30: Every child has the right to learn and use the language, customs and religions of their family.
Understanding the world
People & Communities
Key question: What special times do I celebrate?
- I can recognise and describe special times or events in their experiences.
Key question: Can I talk about features of my environment?
- I can imagine using small world play (farm, garage, dolls house, train track etc.)
Key question: Can I operate mechanical toys?
- I can use a simple program on a computer.
- Investigation resources e.g. Magnifying glass, binoculars, etc.
Moving & Handling
Key question: Can I draw anticlockwise circles and straight lines?
- I can use tools for a purpose.
- I can start to draw straight lines and anti-clockwise circles.
Health & self care
Key question: What can I do for myself?
- I can attempt to take off my jumper for myself. I can look after my things.
- Sticky Kids and Go Noodle programs
Expressive Arts and Design
Exploring & using Media & Materials
Key question: Can I join in singing my favourite songs?
- I can sing simple songs.
- I can create movements in response to music.
Key question: Can I make believe by pretending?
- I can pretend play using my imagination.
- We will be singing songs as part of our Christmas performance.
- Role Play, Different media to create artwork