Meet The Teacher
Learning Values: Independent learners, Engaged
S.M.S.C: Developing a sense of self and realising own potential. Respect for own culture and that of others.
Speaking and Listening
- Develop ability to discuss views and opinions with peers.
- To share ideas and work collaboratively across the curriculum.
- Drama – freeze frames
Reading Developing a love of reading, fluency and comprehension through daily RWI phonics sessions, sharing whole class texts, weekly comprehension lessons, group guided reading and individual reading.
- Practising using these sounds to read ‘alien words’
- Set 2 Read Write Inc. Sounds:
- a, ee, igh, ow, oo, oo, ar, or, air, ir, ou, oy
- Set 3 Read Write Inc. Sounds:
- a-e, ea, i-e,. o-e, u-e, aw, are, ur, er, ow, ai, oa, ew, ire, ear, ure.
- Re-reading parts of the text for fluency
- Stop and check for understanding
- Who did you just read about?
- What just happened?
Accuracy Look at the whole word before you read/ Can you see any ‘special friends’
The Enormous Turnip
Poetry – Writing
- To re-read writing to check that it makes sense, and starting to correct mistakes.
- To write sentences that make sense and are linked together.
- To begin to write stories showing a beginning, middle and end.
- Learning how to use punctuation correctly, including capital letters and full stops & question/exclamation marks.
- To begin to use a joined scribe when writing.
- To use ‘and’ & ‘because’ to link words and clauses.
- To show adjectives in writing.
- Which words can we use to make stories more interesting?
- Can you read your work out loud to a friend?
- Can you give a star and a wish for a friend’s piece of writing?
- Can you use a synonym for big or small, happy or sad?
I can solve division by using the sharing method. I can solve word problems related to division.
I can recognise and find one half (or 1⁄2) of an object, shape, quantity and length.
I can understand that a half is one of two equal parts.
Shape and Space —
I can understand and use words relating to direction and movement: left, right, up, down.
I can understand and use a range of words relating to position: top, middle, bottom, above, below, between.
I can describe movement, and recognise and make whole and half turns.
- Can you describe how to get to treasure on a map?
- Can you make a 1/2 turn? Where will you be facing?
- How do you know if you have half?
- Can you half the amount shown?
- Can you share this amount equally?
- How many does each person have?
I can identify different plants, where they grow and why.
I can name different parts of the plant.
I can sort plants into different groups and explain my decision.
I can draw diagrams of different plants including trees.
I can make comparisons.
I can talk about what plants need to grow.
I can grow and care for my own plants, and use them to make a meal.
What does a plant need to grow?
Can you name the different parts of a plant?
Where do plants grow? Why?
I can use technology purposefully to create, organise, store, manipulate and retrieve digital content.
I can recognise common uses of ICT beyond school.
I can use technology respectfully and safely.
Can you use a program to create your illustration?
Can you change it using the tools?
How could you improve your illustration?
Use google maps to observe surrounding areas.
I can explore different movements.
I can roll a ball around my body and maintain balance
I can move a ball with my fingertips
I can perform movements smoothly and gradually increase my speed.
How many different ways can you move a ball around your body?
How do you use your hands when moving the ball?
Learning from stories
Talking and learning about books that are special to us.
E.g. children’s own special books-baby books, books for a specific purpose.
Holy books from major world religions.
Why are these books special to people?
What is special to you?
Can you explain why?
Talking about Music
I can experiment with sound using instruments.
I can play music ‘in time’ with others
Which instruments make long/short sounds?
Can I move ‘in time’?
I understand the importance of food. I know the difference between healthy and unhealthy foods.
I can talk about the importance of the variety of diet.
I know what a plant based diet is.
How much fruit did you eat today?
Can you tell me some food which is unhealthy?
How else can we stay healthy?
Geography / History
I can learn about my local area and identify what has changed and what has stayed the same.
I can talk about features of the countryside.
I can use simple maps to identify the countryside.
I can talk about differences between cities and countryside.
I can talk about the food that different animals produce.
What was Pitshanger like 100 years ago How does food get to our table?
I can identify features of the countryside
I can use a range of materials to create artwork.
I can learn about the work of a famous artist.
I can develop a wide range of art.
We will be creating pictures of plants from real life and our imagination.
Which colours will you mix together?
What type of paint brush will be best for this piece of art?
I can name fruit and vegetables.